Since when did huggingface become a repo for non-huggingface models?

Seems to me if you can’t use a model with huggingface code it shouldn’t be here. (I am looking at you, comfyui). It’s frustrating having to dig through all these models I won’t even use because I am a programmer not a comfyui newb. Same goes for civitai models. Maybe the site should automatically test models before allowing them to be posted, unless of course you actually WANT it to become pastebin/dropbox for unusable internet trash.

A lot of these models are severely lacking any documentation or usable code at all and it is really hurting my impression of what the site is becoming.

I too know that the majority of the data is from models that can’t be used with HF’s built-in features. And these ones that have download demand.
Because most of the individuals in the world use ComfyUI or WebUI for image generation and use GGUF for LLM with GUI attached to Llamacpp in their local environment.
Moreover, when it comes to WebUI Forge, HF users are the main maintainers.

Currently, there is no exit for data forged in Diffusers format, except for conversion scripts for SDXL and SD and some LoRAs. This place is a model graveyard or, at best, an exhibition hall. It’s no wonder it would be a storage place.
It takes courage to exchange money into a currency that can never be converted back to dollars again.

So I have the opposite idea about the solution.

I think it would be better for the world and for HF if Diffusers supported more stand alone or even UNET only safetensors files and Transformers supported GGUF stand alone files, if HF does not consider server capacity a problem.
Or HF could simply put a shared ComfyUI on Spaces.

To be honest, I’m converting on a daily basis, but even I find it a hassle to do so, and those who convert in the first place are in the minority, heretical, and that’s normal in the world.

I want to say that HF will become more and more under-utilized.
Even if HF has a rich GPU, this is a waste of its treasure.

P.S.

Just in time, HF is looking for user input.

Also, as has been discussed several times on the forum, the Inference API is now unsatisfactory even for Pro account holders. It is close to de facto discontinued.
I think it is more reasonable to tell individuals to use it as a warehouse than to tell them to convert it to a HF-only format anymore.
There is too little merit in converting it for anything other than mere passing time. Unless it’s people who are paying users using it for further business…

@victor @sayakpaul Is the file format most important to HF?