Use OpenAI's CLIP for image search

Hi @lewtun ! :slight_smile: I’d love to work on this project.

1 Like

I would also like to participate in this project :grinning:

2 Likes

I am interested in it, please share channel name :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hey I would be interested in working on this project :grinning:

1 Like

Awesome, 4 people already! You can head over to Discord if you want to coordinate / chat etc :slight_smile:
I’ve added the project name in this topic’s description

2 Likes

Don’t forget to all fill out the AWS form to get access to an account for the free compute on SageMaker!

3 Likes

Hi , I am also interested in this project !! :blush:

Hey @RobotJelly, I think we already have 4 people in this project (the team limit), so you can either join this similar project or work on this one by yourself

Hi , @lewtun ok so can you please suggest me the beginner project where i can work by myself only (without any other team member) ?

Hi @RobotJelly the only constraint is that we’re reserving the Amazon SageMaker compute for teams, so if you have your own GPUs / cloud provider, then your more than welcome to work on this project by yourself :slight_smile:

oh ok @lewtun actually i dont have any cloud provider service so hmm… actually i dont have idea that team is really needed & thats why i’ve submitted the form also with this project title

so should i again fill the form with other project ? also can you suggest me that project where team is available

Hey @RobotJelly here’s a few free alternatives for GPUs:

If those aren’t an option for you, I recommend checking through the #course:course-event category and seeing if there’s an idea that interests you and doesn’t have anyone signed up (just check the comments).

Alternatively you are more than welcome to propose a project of your own!

1 Like

thank you for sharing . will surely check these alternatives :slight_smile: :hugs:

1 Like

@RobotJelly Lets do together the image search project as a second group? Is that ok @lewtun ? Or should we select a complete new project? This relates to an idea I have connected to my current job.

2 Likes

I think it’s okay to have a second group working on this :slight_smile: I have create a team for you and @RobotJelly. If anyone else join you, the code is use-openais-clip-for-image-search-group2 (when filling the name of the project in the AWS form).

2 Likes

Great! Ok I am ready :muscle: though i am quite a beginner in NLP related things so going through the course content as well :slight_smile: do let me know when to start ?

Thanks Sylvain. I just fill the AWS form, now with use-openais-clip-for-image-search-group2 as project code.

Hi @marcelcastrobr @sgugger , this sounds like a very interesting project, can I also join your second team on use-openais-clip-for-image-search-group2 project as well?

Hey @marcelcastrobr I’ve also created a second Discord channel for your team (see topic description)

2 Likes