Answering Questions (Yes/No) from Scientific Papers

Hello all,

I am new to this community and I am in the early stages of my career as a data scientist. I am a data engineer and I want to make the transition, but I have gaps to fill up, so any help from you guys will be appreciated.

My problem is to answer some questions from scientific papers, but I don’t know a high-level approach that I have to follow. The papers have more than 5000 words, so I can’t fit them in a bert-like model, so I was thinking if there is any way to extract the relevant sentences from the whole that are probably cointaing the answer and later put them in a bert model trained on the Boolq dataset.
I don’t know, maybe this approach is not the optimal one, but any ideas or guidelines are more than welcome.

*Till now, I did the data scraping from the papers and I fit it into a data frame (as a data engineer).
Many thanks!!!

The extraction of Yes/No answers from scientific papers involves navigating complex jargon and technical details. Researchers employ advanced natural language processing techniques to sift through vast volumes of text, identifying relevant information for interview questions and answers. This intricate process requires a nuanced understanding of the subject matter and a keen ability to discern the subtle nuances present in scientific literature.

Here is one approach that could be simpler and not require much training. Start with What is Question Answering? - Hugging Face
Instead of yes/ no, that will give you an easier way to find answers within your document through semantic search.

You could try to convert the result to a sentiment. Positive or negative using zero shot, but this will depend on how the question is asked and the actual content which may require training.