Clueless Questions

I’m a poet, and I have a project in the barest embryonic stage that involves AI and neurodiversity. I’m Autistic and want to play with reversing some of the typical ways in which AI is used in comparison to autistic people.

I’m still fleshing that out, but I do know I want to include AI in the process of writing some of the poems. I have read articles about scientists doing things like feeding Harry Potter novels to a bot and then having the bot write its own Harry Potter novel. That made me think about what it might be like to collaborate with an AI to write poetry. Clearly, I am now thinking outside of my usual wheelhouse. I read a lot of sci-fi but that doesn’t translate to knowing how to do what I am wanting to do.

I emailed a professor working in AI/Computer Science at my university and he gave me a little info that led me to this website. I have been playing around with existing models, but what I really want is a model trained on poetry by women and female-centered mythology, possibly mixed with some other kind of dataset for variety. I’m not 100% sure, but the only English poetry dataset I found has no models trained.

Basically, I’m lost. LOL. If you made it through this entire post, thank you. I’m not even certain what I am asking. I guess, is what I am looking for possible?

1 Like