How does organization billing work for API usage?

Inference API is free and rate limited, aimed at playing around/demo’ing with a machine learning model.

This is not true. When using the Inference API, I recieved the following error. It seems the Inference API is free and rate limited for some models; other models require a PRO account.

Model requires a Pro subscription; check out hf.co/pricing to learn more. Make sure to include your HF token in your query.

Searching for the error message led me to this post from September 2023.

We’ll release some docs on this soon. At the moment, only Llama 2 chat models require PRO.

I checked the docs and it does not state anything about “Llama 2” requiring a PRO subscription plan. Hugging Face’s idea of “soon” is more than several months.

This brings me back to my original question which is answered indirectly by lack of an answer: Organizations cannot pay for PRO accounts for developers.

From an organizational standpoint, the only way to develop with Llama 2 models is to upgrade my personal account using the oranization CC and then add my personal access token as a secret to GitHUb Secrets. This is not a desirable path, nor is it clearly explained in the docs or the forums.

Let me know if you have additional questions :slight_smile: we also have a support email at api-enterprise@huggingface.co if you have further questions

I never received a response from api-enterprise@huggingface.co that I sent 3 weeks ago.