How to upload dataframe with content of file upload?

How to upload dataframe with content of file upload? I did not find any documentation of this.
I want to upload a CSV file, display the data in an interactive table and then us the table conents to create a plot. But I am stuck with gluing the components together.

import gradio as gr
   default_csv = "Phase,Activity,Start date,End date\n\"Mapping the Field\",\"Literature review\",2024-01-01,2024-01-31"

def process_csv_text(text):
       df = pd.read_csv(StringIO(text), parse_dates=["Start date", "End date"])
       return df

with gr.Blocks() as demo:
       upload_button = gr.UploadButton(label="Upload Timetable", file_types = ['.csv'], live=True, file_count = "single")    
       table = gr.Dataframe(headers=["Phase", "Activity", "Start date", "End date"], col_count=4, default=process_csv_text(default_csv))
       image = gr.Plot()
       upload_button.click(fn=process_csv_text, inputs=upload_button, outputs=table, api_name="upload_csv")

demo.launch()

hi @soerendip ,

here is you’re code with a few fixes
differences
default β†’ value
click β†’ upload
process_csv_text(text: string)-> process_csv_text(file: tempfile._TemporaryFileWrapper)

so when it loads it’s a string, then is a temp file with a file.name the file path

import gradio as gr
import pandas as pd
from io import StringIO

default_csv = "Phase,Activity,Start date,End date\n\"Mapping the Field\",\"Literature review\",2024-01-01,2024-01-31"

def process_csv_text(temp_file):
    if isinstance(temp_file, str):
      df = pd.read_csv(StringIO(temp_file), parse_dates=["Start date", "End date"])
    else:
      df = pd.read_csv(temp_file.name, parse_dates=["Start date", "End date"])
    print(df)
    return df

with gr.Blocks() as demo:
    upload_button = gr.UploadButton(label="Upload Timetable", file_types = ['.csv'], live=True, file_count = "single")    
    table = gr.Dataframe(headers=["Phase", "Activity", "Start date", "End date"], type="pandas", col_count=4, value=process_csv_text(default_csv))
    image = gr.Plot()
    upload_button.upload(fn=process_csv_text, inputs=upload_button, outputs=table, api_name="upload_csv")

demo.launch(debug=True)