Hugging Face API rate limits

Hello, I’ve been building an app that makes calls to your Hugging Face API and I’ve been receiving 429 response codes after regular use. I wasn’t aware there was a rate limit for the API - What is the rate limit for your API and is there a way to remove the rate limit for my account? If not, is there a plan that I need to upgrade in order to make more calls?

4 Likes

cc @Narsil can share more about rate limiting from Inference API.

Still no response. I’d like to know as well!

1 Like

I am looking for documentation on limits and error codes. My app suddenly got timeouts on requests and I can’t even run models on the HF website. Any help is appreciated.

1 Like

Same here. 429 rate limit errors, but starting right away. Would be great to know the cause or if anyone found a fix.

Same here only for all new people in my classes. This is a show stopper for beginners since when I demonstrate examples even if they are just clicking the link they get the 429 error right away limiting HF usefulness to new users. Any chance you can fix this? Or explain a workaround that lets HF work for new users…

Much Appreciated!
Aaron Wacker

1 Like

me too {‘error’: ‘Rate limit reached. You reached free usage limit (reset hourly). Please subscribe to a plan at Hugging Face – Pricing to use the API at this rate’}

I’m also facing the same problem