I am completely lost on the hugging face site

I’m sure it is just me, but I find very little about this site easy, clear, and intuitive. For example, I thought I would be able to have direct links to models, datasets, or whatever of interest on my own page. But I can’t find anything that would be the equivalent of a “follow” button on Twitter / X, Facebook, etc.

I did look at Collections, and the documentation read to me as if the only thing to put in my collections were my own creations. I noticed that I had liked a model on a previous visit, so I tried liking TheBloke. There is a red heart there now, but nothing on my page linking to any of TheBloke’s available resources.

Yes, of course I looked at the docs. But I can’t find what I am looking for. I even went to HF’s youtube page in hopes of finding something there (“Navigating the Model Hub”) but nothing about following or collecting models of interest to the user. Look, I fully recognize that what I am looking for may exist only in my own imagining of how a social network (this site is one, isn’t it?) should work. So, all help is welcome. Explain it to me like I’m 5 years old.

1 Like

I understand how all this information is overwhelming. I suggest ignoring everything else and just doing the HF course step-by-step.

It will take you around 1-3 months to go through and understand the concepts, syntax and become comfortable, but will save you a lot of time in the long run. Once you finish that, the rest of the site will become fairly straightforward to understand. Good luck.

Btw, I don’t think this site is a social network.