I'm having an error message working with my User access tokens

i’m working on chatpdf and i got this error while working on HuggingFaceHub_api_keys.

llm = HuggingFaceHub(repo_id=‘OpenAssistant/oasst-sft-1-pythia-12b’)
chain = RetrievalQA.from_chain_type(llm=llm, chain_type=“stuff”, retriever=knowledge_base.as_retriever())
response = chain.run(question)

st.success(“Completed question.”)
st.write("Answer: ", response)

File “C:\Users\HP\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\lib\site-packages\langchain\llms\huggingface_hub.py”, line 112, in _call
raise ValueError(f"Error raised by inference API: {response[‘error’]}")

ValueError: Error raised by inference API: Authorization header is correct, but the token seems invalid

1 Like

I just got the same error message. Did you ever resolve this?

yes
i created the env. and placed the token in it…
then i called it this way: os.environ[“HUGGINGFACEHUB_API_TOKEN”] = “xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”

hey there ! am using huggingface api and encountering same problem , am using react how can i create a .env file for that

Hello, I am following an introductory video from youtube titled:

Hugging Face + Langchain in 5 mins | Access 200k+ FREE AI models for your AI apps

Everything seems to work well, but I encountered this error message related to the bearer token: {“error”:“Authorization header is correct, but the token seems invalid”}
I already tried by creating another token but the error continues.
If anybody could find a solution I would be very grateful.

Currently having a similar issue on my end here

from huggingface_hub import login

login(config['huggingface_api'])

import getpass
from transformers import HfAgent

agent_star = HfAgent(
    "https://api-inference.huggingface.co/models/bigcode/starcoder"
)
text = "this is new building with 14 storeys painted green."
storey_1 = agent_star.run("What is the number of storeys?", text=text)

yet i’m getting the following error message

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "c:\Users\tolu.olusooto\Documents\Nakina\.venv\lib\site-packages\transformers\tools\agents.py", line 341, in run
    result = self.generate_one(prompt, stop=["Task:"])
  File "c:\Users\tolu.olusooto\Documents\Nakina\.venv\lib\site-packages\transformers\tools\agents.py", line 649, in generate_one
    raise ValueError(f"Error {response.status_code}: {response.json()}")
ValueError: Error 400: {'error': 'Authorization header is correct, but the token seems invalid'}

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

I was having the same issue, following a LangChain course and it helped to change os.environ[“HUGGINGFACEHUB_API_TOKEN”] to os.environ[“API_TOKEN”].

I’ll try it out and report back. Thanks for the suggestion.