Instantiating models will not terminate

I am at a bit of a loss right now:

No matter how I try to use any model from huggingface, the process won’t terminate. I have tried using the pipeline, I have tried retrieving models via the from_pretrained(...) method, I let the process run for a while, but nothing changed after twenty minutes. I really don’t know where the problem is, especially because there aren’t any console logs that might have helpful information and because I am not even using the model for anything (afaic).

The only thing I have is the console log when I interrupt the process manually:

KeyboardInterrupt                         Traceback (most recent call last)
Cell In[6], line 2
      1 from transformers import AutoTokenizer
----> 2 tokenizer = AutoTokenizer.from_pretrained("dbmdz/german-gpt2")

File c:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\transformers\models\auto\tokenization_auto.py:697, in AutoTokenizer.from_pretrained(cls, pretrained_model_name_or_path, *inputs, **kwargs)
    695 tokenizer_class_py, tokenizer_class_fast = TOKENIZER_MAPPING[type(config)]
    696 if tokenizer_class_fast and (use_fast or tokenizer_class_py is None):
--> 697     return tokenizer_class_fast.from_pretrained(pretrained_model_name_or_path, *inputs, **kwargs)
    698 else:
    699     if tokenizer_class_py is not None:

File c:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\transformers\tokenization_utils_base.py:1763, in PreTrainedTokenizerBase.from_pretrained(cls, pretrained_model_name_or_path, *init_inputs, **kwargs)
   1761             resolved_vocab_files[file_id] = download_url(file_path, proxies=proxies)
   1762     else:
-> 1763         resolved_vocab_files[file_id] = cached_file(
   1764             pretrained_model_name_or_path,
   1765             file_path,
   1766             cache_dir=cache_dir,
   1767             force_download=force_download,
   1768             proxies=proxies,
   1769             resume_download=resume_download,
   1770             local_files_only=local_files_only,
   1771             use_auth_token=use_auth_token,
--> 187             time.sleep(poll_interval)
    188 except BaseException:  # Something did go wrong, so decrement the counter.
    189     with self._thread_lock:

KeyboardInterrupt: 

I found out that the last line of code come from the Python filelock package, maybe this will help determining where the source of the problem is. Thanks in advance!