Issue on Kosmos-2 model training on new dataset

Hi @ydshieh,

I hope you are well. I am trying to train Kosmos model on DoclayNet data. I have prepared data. I am getting an error in Training.

My process for training is like this:

1. Convert data into kosmos-2 format.
  2. Convert it to number using processor using below code:
inputs = processor(images = test2_df['image'].to_list(), text = test2_df['text'].to_list(), bboxes = test2_df['float_val'].to_list(),padding=True, return_tensors="pt").to(device)
dataset = Dataset.from_dict(inputs)
  1. Split dataset into train and test and using Trainer for train like this:
Trainer(
    model=model,
    args=training_args,
    train_dataset=train_dataset,
    eval_dataset=test_dataset,
    tokenizer=processor,
    data_collator=default_data_collator,
)
  1. Train model

I am getting error like this:

/usr/local/lib/python3.10/dist-packages/transformers/models/kosmos2/modeling_kosmos2.py in forward_embedding(self, input_ids, inputs_embeds, image_embeds, img_input_mask, past_key_values_length, position_ids)
   1150         print(image_embeds)
   1151         if image_embeds is not None:
-> 1152             inputs_embeds[img_input_mask.to(dtype=torch.bool)] = image_embeds.to(inputs_embeds.device).view(
   1153                 -1, image_embeds.size(-1)
   1154             )

RuntimeError: Index put requires the source and destination dtypes match, got Float for the destination and Half for the source.

Hi @ydshieh

Can you please advice to resolve this error?

Thanks.

The problem was in my TrainingArguments(). I set fp16=True, which was messing up tensors dtypes. I removed it from the argument and it worked.

This topic was automatically closed 12 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.