Unable to select Free grant that was given

This repo Hugging Face – The AI community building the future. got a free community grant. However, when I try to select it, I get the error: “Only Hugging Face team members can update the sleep time of a Space with a community grant.” Might this be the case because it was granted one year ago, and since then some internal hugging face timing settings changed?
Thanks for any advice on this!
Here is one screenshot for reference:

1 Like

@not-lain It seems to be a complicated HF Spaces setup issue that may involve some money. Moreover, the status seems to have changed over time. I don’t know the details of this kind of case.

usually @hysts provides grants to spaces, but just to confirm, since the grant have you switched to cpu manually and tried to switch back ? because that is a locked feature and usually when you switch to another hardware only HF people can assign the grant back.
as for the sleeping time, grants are huggingface’s way to sponsor promising projects and keeping them awake for 24/7 is costly on their side that’s why they have locked the sleeping time for spaces with grant.
I noticed that your space is now using CPU, try to reach out again to hysts in the space comment section to assign the necessary hardware.
Hope this answers your question

@not-lain Thanks for the ping.

@kolibril13
The reason we granted T4 to this Space was because we thought it was intended as a demo. However, after several weeks, it didn’t function as a demo, and it seemed no further development was taking place, so we decided to revoke the grant. It seems that it remained granted for some reason, so I just removed the grant. In general, grants for Spaces are meant for functioning demos, not for providing resources for development, so I recognize that the initial grant itself was a mistake.

True, I looked at the code and there is virtually no content yet.
There is no content in the inputs to begin with, just the bpy library working under the same conditions. I could say it’s a mysterious space.
Maybe the test.png was supposed to take off from the test…

Hi there!
thanks all for your inputs on this!

However, after several weeks, it didn’t function as a demo, and it seemed no further development was taking place, so we decided to revoke the grant

this project broke after a few weeks because I did not pin the versions of the package dependencies, and I had not the time to come back and fix it.

Yesterday I removed most of the project content in order to gradually test if I can get this demo to work with the most recent blender version.
There’s quite a bit of interest in the python notebook+blender stack,
and I thought I give it another shot. Here’s a tweet from 2 months ago:

Thanks @hysts for the clarification, I can now indeed not see the grand option anymore, so it seems to be properly removed. Probably it was a bug that it was still visible on my side before.

I would like to try to bring an online blender render experience back online, so if you re-consider granting the Nvidia T4 small access, I’d be very grateful for that.

So that’s what happened to the unnatural nothingness.
Blender is a well-known 3DCG application that even I, an art aficionado, have known for a long time. It is also a successful OSS. If a part of it works as a demo, it could be attractive and beneficial enough for users and developers in the 3DCG + peripheral OSS field.
There are many spaces to output 3D objects in HF.