Unsupported value type BatchEncoding

Don’t apologise it is very good of you to help me out!!

I have followed your lead and tried removing one of my metrics so that the compilation step now reads like so model.compile(optimizer=opt, loss=loss, metrics=['accuracy']). I will have a look at what was causing the problem with the F1_metric() later (again it was using the boiler-plate from the HuggingFace Course so hopefully it should be easily resolvable). In the meantime, I have run my code again but am seeing model.compile(optimizer=opt, loss=loss, metrics=['accuracy']) in each epoch:-

Downloading: 100%

354M/354M [00:11<00:00, 31.4MB/s]

Some layers from the model checkpoint at distilbert-base-cased were not used when initializing TFDistilBertForSequenceClassification: ['vocab_layer_norm', 'vocab_projector', 'vocab_transform', 'activation_13'] - This IS expected if you are initializing TFDistilBertForSequenceClassification from the checkpoint of a model trained on another task or with another architecture (e.g. initializing a BertForSequenceClassification model from a BertForPreTraining model). - This IS NOT expected if you are initializing TFDistilBertForSequenceClassification from the checkpoint of a model that you expect to be exactly identical (initializing a BertForSequenceClassification model from a BertForSequenceClassification model). Some layers of TFDistilBertForSequenceClassification were not initialized from the model checkpoint at distilbert-base-cased and are newly initialized: ['dropout_19', 'classifier', 'pre_classifier'] You should probably TRAIN this model on a down-stream task to be able to use it for predictions and inference.

Epoch 1/3 WARNING:tensorflow:The parameters `output_attentions`, `output_hidden_states` and `use_cache` cannot be updated when calling a model.They have to be set to True/False in the config object (i.e.: `config=XConfig.from_pretrained('name', output_attentions=True)`). WARNING:tensorflow:AutoGraph could not transform <bound method Socket.send of <zmq.sugar.socket.Socket object at 0x7f03baabcd70>> and will run it as-is. Please report this to the TensorFlow team. When filing the bug, set the verbosity to 10 (on Linux, `export AUTOGRAPH_VERBOSITY=10`) and attach the full output. Cause: module, class, method, function, traceback, frame, or code object was expected, got cython_function_or_method To silence this warning, decorate the function with @tf.autograph.experimental.do_not_convert WARNING: AutoGraph could not transform <bound method Socket.send of <zmq.sugar.socket.Socket object at 0x7f03baabcd70>> and will run it as-is. Please report this to the TensorFlow team. When filing the bug, set the verbosity to 10 (on Linux, `export AUTOGRAPH_VERBOSITY=10`) and attach the full output. Cause: module, class, method, function, traceback, frame, or code object was expected, got cython_function_or_method To silence this warning, decorate the function with @tf.autograph.experimental.do_not_convert WARNING:tensorflow:AutoGraph could not transform <function wrap at 0x7f03d5c70170> and will run it as-is. Cause: while/else statement not yet supported To silence this warning, decorate the function with @tf.autograph.experimental.do_not_convert WARNING: AutoGraph could not transform <function wrap at 0x7f03d5c70170> and will run it as-is. Cause: while/else statement not yet supported To silence this warning, decorate the function with @tf.autograph.experimental.do_not_convert WARNING:tensorflow:The parameter `return_dict` cannot be set in graph mode and will always be set to `True`. WARNING:tensorflow:From /usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/tensorflow/python/ops/array_ops.py:5049: calling gather (from tensorflow.python.ops.array_ops) with validate_indices is deprecated and will be removed in a future version. Instructions for updating: The `validate_indices` argument has no effect. Indices are always validated on CPU and never validated on GPU. WARNING:tensorflow:The parameters `output_attentions`, `output_hidden_states` and `use_cache` cannot be updated when calling a model.They have to be set to True/False in the config object (i.e.: `config=XConfig.from_pretrained('name', output_attentions=True)`). WARNING:tensorflow:The parameter `return_dict` cannot be set in graph mode and will always be set to `True`. 130/130 [==============================] - ETA: 0s - loss: nan - accuracy: 0.0000e+00WARNING:tensorflow:The parameters `output_attentions`, `output_hidden_states` and `use_cache` cannot be updated when calling a model.They have to be set to True/False in the config object (i.e.: `config=XConfig.from_pretrained('name', output_attentions=True)`). WARNING:tensorflow:The parameter `return_dict` cannot be set in graph mode and will always be set to `True`. 130/130 [==============================] - 157s 881ms/step - loss: nan - accuracy: 0.0000e+00 - val_loss: nan - val_accuracy: 0.0000e+00 Epoch 2/3 130/130 [==============================] - 113s 866ms/step - loss: nan - accuracy: 0.0000e+00 - val_loss: nan - val_accuracy: 0.0000e+00 Epoch 3/3 130/130 [==============================] - 113s 868ms/step - loss: nan - accuracy: 0.0000e+00 - val_loss: nan - val_accuracy: 0.0000e+00

<tensorflow.python.keras.callbacks.History at 0x7f0300473f90>

Apologies, by the way, for the rather wide output. I am struggling to get the backslashes to justify the text.