Using proxy to upload models

Hi

I am trying to upload our model using the CLI command.

However, my computer need a proxy to connect S3 server (because of the GFW):

requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='s3.amazonaws.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /models.huggingface.co/bert/*****

Is there anyway to set a proxy?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

We have updated the way models are uploaded, please read the detailed announcement here: [Announcement] Model Versioning: Upcoming changes to the model hub

1 Like

BTW, can we use proxy address officially to connect the HuggingFace hub?
In my case, I got the SSLError issue with my proxy address.

(deepspeed) geunsik-lim@ai02:~/qtlab$ cat ./test_debian_csrc_dataset.py
#!/usr/bin/env python
from datasets import load_dataset
dataset = load_dataset("moyix/debian_csrc")
(deepspeed) geunsik-lim@ai02:~/qtlab$
(deepspeed) geunsik-lim@ai02:~/qtlab$
(deepspeed) geunsik-lim@ai02:~/qtlab$ ./test_debian_csrc_dataset.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/data/home/geunsik-lim/qtlab/./test_debian_csrc_dataset.py", line 6, in <module>
    dataset = load_dataset("moyix/debian_csrc")
  File "/home/geunsik-lim/anaconda3/envs/deepspeed/lib/python3.10/site-packages/datasets/load.py", line 1719, in load_dataset
    builder_instance = load_dataset_builder(
  File "/home/geunsik-lim/anaconda3/envs/deepspeed/lib/python3.10/site-packages/datasets/load.py", line 1497, in load_dataset_builder
    dataset_module = dataset_module_factory(
  File "/home/geunsik-lim/anaconda3/envs/deepspeed/lib/python3.10/site-packages/datasets/load.py", line 1222, in dataset_module_factory
    raise e1 from None
  File "/home/geunsik-lim/anaconda3/envs/deepspeed/lib/python3.10/site-packages/datasets/load.py", line 1179, in dataset_module_factory
    raise ConnectionError(f"Couldn't reach '{path}' on the Hub ({type(e).__name__})")
ConnectionError: Couldn't reach 'moyix/debian_csrc' on the Hub (SSLError)

FYI.

raise ConnectionError(f"Couldn't reach {url} (error {response.status_code})")

ConnectionError: Couldn’t reach http://cs.stanford.edu/people/alecmgo/trainingandtestdata.zip (error 403)

help me how to fix this