About the Flax/JAX Projects category

This category should be used to propose and join existing projects that make use of :jax: Flax/JAX and :hugs: Transformers. Make sure that your project proposal includes all relevant information (as listed below) for people to join/comment/improve your idea.

Feel free to also post any questions you might have about :hugs: Transformers flax examples. If you found issues in one of the flax examples, please submit an issue to the transformers repo instead.

Relevant information when proposing a :jax:/:hugs: project:

4 Likes

Hi - I wanted to propose a project. But the submitted projects are really interesting. Is it possible to join more than one ?

Yes, you can join multiple projects!

Just noticed this category, which has quite many topics already. Wow.
A stupid question, I see in README of JAX/Flax Examples:

β€œThis folder contains actively maintained examples of :hugs: Transformers using the JAX/Flax backend. Porting models and examples to JAX/Flax is an ongoing effort … In particular, these examples are all designed to run fast on Cloud TPUs, and we include step-by-step guides to getting started with Cloud TPU.”

I heard of JAX/Flax before in an nlp coursera class. My understanding is that it is a backend different from tensorflow or pytorch, but why making a big deal out of porting to JAX/Flax? What difference does it bring? I guess the difference and gain must be really big to worth the porting. Thank you very much!