AI for Low-Budget film making (an experiment)

Firstly I need to explain how floored I am by this platform and the amazing work everyone is doing - as a former computer engineer turned filmmaker I have an exceptionally keen interest in how AI will become a tool for independent and low budget filmmaking - I am wondering where I might find developers who might be willing to work with me on an experiment…

At the moment, in my industry, AI is being touted as the nuclear bomb to take out Hollywood. The recent strikes had a heavy focus on this very topic. However - as a low-budget filmmaker, I see a tremendous potential to deploy AI generated elements as a way to offset an unrealistic budget and elevate production value. I’ve already had some success with this.

What I am trying to figure out is this hypothetical : I have a screenplay that realistically would cost about $15mil to produce using the traditional model. However - what I have been proposing on various platforms is to approach the project as a hybrid AI/production model. Is there a current set of AI models where I would be able to accomplish this if all I wanted was ‘footage’ of the script? Like - does the shot list become the ‘prompt list’ and how to define which character is which (custom models I assume) - depending on what was easier, I would either have the AI model use voice cloning technolgies to synthesise the dialogue (as in some of those whisper spaces) or simply have actors record the lines and have the AI puppet it.

In a sense I am just trying to figure out what I would need to pull this off in a way that it LOOKS like a $15 million film but at a fraction of that using AI technologies. I honestly see this becoming a huge industry if we could pull it off. Any input or potential collaborations are very welcome - in my estimation we are about 2-3 years away from this vision being a reality, but, that’s about how long it takes to fully produce a low budget film… So…

Thank you all for your hard work. It is truly inspiring.