Did my file upload and idk so how do I delete it

Hi - I need help with a basic question. I was given this link Whisper Timestamped - a Hugging Face Space by Xenova which opens to this space.

Misunderstanding what I was doing I uploaded a file from my computer that I need to delete - if it uploaded. I was not signed in at the time (and did not have an account). Can you tell me how I check whether the file is there/somewhere and how I delete it. I have already searched the file name in datasets - no results. This is really important for me so I appreciate a reply. My apologies for not understanding this. Pip

I’m not 100% sure because the source code is compressed JavaScript and hard to read, but as far as I can tell, there is no ability to save files in this Spaces. It should disappear when you are done using it.
The data in Spaces will disappear if you restart Spaces unless you explicitly upload it somewhere or use Persistent Storage, so it is unlikely to be left behind.

If you are still concerned, you can contact the author of Spaces by clicking the link below to open a discussion.

Thanks so much for replying John. You’re right, I have since heard that everything happens locally in the browser and nothing is uploaded. A huge relief.

1 Like

Good.
The author of this Spaces is a HF staff member and I don’t doubt the author would do anything malicious.
I too am very careful when uploading data. I still make mistakes, though.:grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 12 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.