French NLP - Introduction 🇫🇷

Bonjour à tous! :hugs: :fr: :croissant:

This is the introduction thread for French NLP enthusiasts. Let’s share on experiences, models, datasets, research, … or any topic related to NLP and la langue de Molière!
To get started, please introduce yourself with any of the following:

• Your name, Github, Hugging Face, and/or Twitter handle
  • Some projects you are working on or interested in starting
  • Any potential directions you have in mind for the Hugging Face Italian community
  • Anything else you’d like to share!

E.g. I’m Thomas Vrancken (ThomasVrancken on Github, @VranckenThomas on Twitter - to make it original :stuck_out_tongue:). I’m an MSc in AI graduate (Maastricht University), and I have experience in NLP research (Philips R&D), data science consulting (YGroup) and now I’m in the coolest ML consulting firm in Belgium - ML6!
I’m absolutely passionated about ML and NLP and pretty active in our NLP chapter. We do a lot of nice stuff, feel free to check our bi-weekly tips-of-the-week (we’ve been doing it internally for a while and recently started going public with some, more to come soon!) and trained non-English transformers models (currently in Dutch/German but FR on the backlog!).

Looking forward to meet more FR-NLP enthusiasts!

2 Likes

Haha with all of us French people working at Hugging Face you’d think we would have started this thread earlier! “Les cordonniers sont les plus mal chaussés” :wink:

Welcome and thanks for starting this group!

1 Like

Bonjour à vous !
Hi guyz, thanks for the initiative !
Même si la computer vision reste ma préférée, le nlp n’est pas mal non plus :wink:
Welcome to the newcomers!
Cheers.