NodeJs : runtime error Launch timed out, workload was not healthy after 30 min

I am trying to run my node js project here on spaces I tried with free as well as the cheapest paid one and still it get the runtime error i do not understand why and how can i fix it. I tried with different accounts i get the same error, i tried restarting the space nothing works please help

I found a way to extend the 30 minutes to an hour, but of course this is not the solution.
There is an ongoing problem with some spaces getting stuck forever during the build, but in your case the build is done and doesn’t seem to work after the start.
The strange thing is that it keeps running until the time expires instead of stopping with an error.
It could be someone else’s, but without the code I can’t tell any more. Even if there is, I don’t know much JavaScript… though I can read it. Well, if you’re tripping on HF-related issues rather than logic, there’s a chance I can figure something out too.

Thanks for the help, i pumped that to 5 hours let’s see how far i can take it lol

here’s the repo

Well, if there’s a chance that would solve the problem, good, but what kind of Spaces takes that long to start up?

Maybe the original program and HF are incompatible.
Most of the time it’s for very trivial reasons. Even I can figure it out.
Try another similar program, or steal settings from other Spaces that successfully run the same program.

I’ll take a look at the code in a bit.

1 Like

i had them running flawlessly and the front end was on the vercel , i had to make some changes and then the next build is where i am facing the problem

From what I’m hearing, it sounds like it’s close to an eternal build issue, but it’s something to boot. Is this correct?

woah how did you ran it ? that it weird and cool haha

That’s all I did. See? It was a trivial reason, wasn’t it?

README.md

app_port: 8080
1 Like

everytime my errors and my bugs makes me feel like i am a dummer than i was before lol thanks man

1 Like

No, HF putting important data in README.md is bad too. Because it’s README.md. Anyone would think it’s an instruction manual. In fact, it’s a configuration file that can be destroyed if you touch the — part a little bit.:sweat_smile:

i know that’s the YMAL file i understood that after banging my head for 2 hours yesterday, but before this i didn’t mention the port here in the readme i did that in the code, and this time i forgot to do it, if there’s anything i can do for you i would be happy to help. :innocent:

1 Like

Port 7860 is just the default value. So if you don’t write anything probably it still won’t work.
The HF environment variables, YAML and Gradio are a bunch of hidden features. They forgot to write an introductory manual because it’s not hidden! I found the port related stuff in there somewhere, but I don’t think you can usually find it…

You, in the future, if something goes wrong, huh? It’s not your fault, is it? And then search for it. If anyone else has the same problem, you’re 80% right.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 12 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.