Recent Critical Issue with Hub, Links and 429 Error

In the last couple weeks I was teaching AI to people new to it and in some cases users yet interested in data science and AI first which we can do on HF the fastest I have seen anywhere due to community.

Par for my course is to get new users to sign up on huggingface.co, then participate in a thrilling 1 hour session spectacle we work together creating gradio, streamlit, and html5 spaces to learn and demonstrate AI on the best platform yet for ML - huggingface!

One minor problem though… It might have shown up recently is that every one of the 41 users this morning (except me - I have a pro account which is paid) received a 429 error when clicking any hub link.

Per web a 429 is:
The HTTP 429 Too Many Requests response status code indicates the user has sent too many requests in a given amount of time (“rate limiting”). A Retry-After header might be included to this response indicating how long to wait before making a new request.Apr 10, 2023

yet for these users – this is their first huggingface experience so only maybe 5% of them have created their first space but were about to…

Here is the org link. AIZero2HeroBootcamp (AIZero2HeroBootcamp)

If we can solve this together this class of 41 team members I think they will be huge fans once they get past the 429 block on any usage.

Thanks!
Aaron

3 Likes