Root privileges

Hello community, i have a problem, the docker itself have root permission but the running script doesn’t. Why?

Is this a case of not being able to access the Python folder during installation, something I’ve seen Docker users lament on the forums?
The environment variable dedicated to it didn’t seem to work as expected either. Maybe that was a bug.
If that’s the case, I’ll have to scour the logs a bit…

Yeah, the python script running in container can’t use apt and sudo

===== Application Startup at 2024-09-19 08:44:23 =====

sudo: The "no new privileges" flag is set, which prevents sudo from running as root.
sudo: If sudo is running in a container, you may need to adjust the container configuration to disable the flag.

Anyway, I brought the logs.
It was not resolved in the end at that time.

In addition to requirements.txt, there are pre-requiements.txt, packages.txt and README.md that can be used during installation in the HF VM, and maybe other magic word-like files.
Also, there are a lot of hidden functions in the environment variables.
I’m hoping you can give me some clues.

I searched a lot but nothing found, the solution is passing a docker flag, which is not possible without cli

I’ve just lightly searched the forums too, but I can’t find any satisfactory answers, even though various people have asked questions…
A bug or a bad spec is, well, the same thing, but what’s this?
I don’t think HF will support Docker itself if the only way to do that is to deploy just the contents of the Docker container again…

Should we send a mentions to HF staff? @+username

I’m from a time before Docker came out, so I still don’t know much about Docker.
If we could put it in the form of ‘it’s weird that this command or environment variable doesn’t work’, it would be easier to communicate, but can you summarise that succinctly?

Used RUN instead of CMD for running python script, But, do you know how long it takes for space to turn off?

They know better

You mean the specifications!

It depends on what you mean turn off, but the timeout for the start-up process itself is 30 minutes.

1 Like

Yeah, so thats not the solution. Hope a HF staff see this

No, I don’t think staff see the forum nearly as much as they do. They’re often unaware of the complaints and glitches that you can see if you look at the forums.
It’s not that weird though, because they are staff, but their profession is not forum watchers.

It’s customary to call them up with a mentions when you have a problem. You need someone who knows who to send it to to do it… but I probably don’t even know 10% of them.

P.S.
Incidentally, I don’t have a Discord account, but a forum mate told me that when he complained on the HF Discord, he got an immediate response.

1 Like

Ok, thanks