Sentence-transformers

I can’t load the model distiluse-base-multilingual-cased-v1 from sentence-transformers or any other pretrained model.

2 Likes

I am facing the same issue. Has hugging face changed the way we load models?

@nreimers can you let us know if you are going private with the models?

Facing the same issue as well, did you find any solution?

1 Like

they removed the package from the website, I don’t know if they just have a technical problem or if the package has been removed once and for all. Does anyone have any idea?

Have a look here

1 Like

@nreimers - thanks for your response. Do you know if this is only a temporary issue and the models will be restored to HF? If so, do you have any idea when they will be restored?
Thanks

Yes, HF works on fixing it

3 Likes

thank you.

Sentence Transformers are back online, sorry for the temporary disruption

1 Like

Thanks @radames . However, I still cannot load all-mpnet-base-v2. I am still getting a 404 error.

I am still seeing that now (11:36AM ET 5-9-23).

I assume @nreimers that all-mpnet-base-v2 is still supposed to be part of the sentence transformers repo? I know it was still there yesterday.

Thanks

1 Like

I would add that the currently restored Sentence Transformers repo on HuggingFace has 114 models; however, the list that @nreimers put up earlier looks to have 121 models. So while it my particular case, I am concerned about all-mpnet-base-v2, it looks like some other models may not have been restored as well.

1 Like

Same here with multi lingual sentence transformer models like “distiluse-base-multilingual-cased-v2” :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

Back to 124 models

1 Like
1 Like