Brevity Code Chatbot

Hi!

I’m currently working on developing a chatbot with the capability to perform one or both of the following tasks. However, I’m uncertain about which approach would be more suitable for beginners or more feasible to achieve.

#1: The chatbot should be capable of translating human natural language sentences into brevity codes, ideally in both directions, as illustrated in the examples below:

input: “Charlie, this is Hornet 1, give me a status on the east group.”
output: “CHALICE, HORNET 1, DECLARE EAST GROUP.”

input: "This is Chalice. East group located at bearing 273 degrees, 27 nautical miles away from Bullseye, flying at 22,000 feet altitude, heading east. The interrogation of the target is unsuccessful.
output: “CHALICE, EAST GROUP BULLSEYE 273/27, TWENTY-TWO THOUSAND, TRACK EAST, BOGEY SPADES.”

#2: Alternatively (and preferably), the chatbot should be able to communicate with me using the brevity code communication style, as demonstrated below:

input: “CHALICE, HORNET 1, DECLARE EAST GROUP.”
chatbot: “CHALICE, EAST GROUP BULLSEYE 273/27, TWENTY-TWO THOUSAND, TRACK EAST, BOGEY SPADES.”

I’m seeking recommendations on choosing suitable model that could assist in achieving these functionalities. I don’t know if I should be aiming at conversational or translation model to experiment with. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!