Dataset-cli test fails with json file with a root field

I am following this documentation here. And dataset-cli test . --save_infos --all_configs fails with follwoing message

0 tables [00:00, ? tables/s]Failed to read file '/raid/home/xyz/hfspace/codequeries/ideal_test.json' with error <class 'pyarrow.lib.ArrowInvalid'>: JSON parse error: Column() changed from object to number in row 0

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/raid/home/xyz/hfspace/bin/datasets-cli", line 8, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/raid/home/xyz/hfspace/lib/python3.8/site-packages/datasets/commands/datasets_cli.py", line 39, in main
    service.run()
  File "/raid/home/xyz/hfspace/lib/python3.8/site-packages/datasets/commands/test.py", line 135, in run
    builder.download_and_prepare(
  File "/raid/home/xyz/hfspace/lib/python3.8/site-packages/datasets/builder.py", line 704, in download_and_prepare
    self._download_and_prepare(
  File "/raid/home/xyz/hfspace/lib/python3.8/site-packages/datasets/builder.py", line 793, in _download_and_prepare
    self._prepare_split(split_generator, **prepare_split_kwargs)
  File "/raid/home/xyz/hfspace/lib/python3.8/site-packages/datasets/builder.py", line 1268, in _prepare_split
    for key, table in logging.tqdm(
  File "/raid/home/xyz/hfspace/lib/python3.8/site-packages/tqdm/std.py", line 1195, in __iter__
    for obj in iterable:
  File "/raid/home/xyz/hfspace/lib/python3.8/site-packages/datasets/packaged_modules/json/json.py", line 133, in _generate_tables
    raise ValueError(
ValueError: Not able to read records in the JSON file at /raid/home/xyz/hfspace/codequeries/ideal_test.json. You should probably indicate the field of the JSON file containing your records. This JSON file contain the following fields: ['examples']. Select the correct one and provide it as `field='XXX'` to the dataset loading method. 

I am trying to read a json files which has follwoing structure

- examples
  - question
  - context

My _generate_examples is the following -

def _generate_examples(self, filepath, split):
        assert split == datasets.Split.TEST

with open(filepath, "rb") as f:
            cq_data = json.load(f)

key = 0
            for row in cq_data["examples"]:
                instance_key = key + "_" + row["question"]
                yield instance_key, {
                    "question": row["question"],
                    "context": row["context"],
                }

Can you please help where the error is coming from?

I figured that this was happening because of in my json file has one root level object, which contains an array of example objects.

I shifted to using jsonl to overcome this.