Error with authentication : git push

On Ubuntu, in CLI, i can’t push to git@hf.co.
i have the same problem when using ssh (SSH Key added in my profile on the website) or the token method

huggingface-cli login

_|    _|  _|    _|    _|_|_|    _|_|_|  _|_|_|  _|      _|    _|_|_|      _|_|_|_|    _|_|      _|_|_|  _|_|_|_|
_|    _|  _|    _|  _|        _|          _|    _|_|    _|  _|            _|        _|    _|  _|        _|
_|_|_|_|  _|    _|  _|  _|_|  _|  _|_|    _|    _|  _|  _|  _|  _|_|      _|_|_|    _|_|_|_|  _|        _|_|_|
_|    _|  _|    _|  _|    _|  _|    _|    _|    _|    _|_|  _|    _|      _|        _|    _|  _|        _|
_|    _|    _|_|      _|_|_|    _|_|_|  _|_|_|  _|      _|    _|_|_|      _|        _|    _|    _|_|_|  _|_|_|_|

To login, `huggingface_hub` requires a token generated from https://huggingface.co/settings/tokens .

Token:
Add token as git credential? (Y/n)
Token is valid (permission: write).
Token has not been saved to git credential helper.
Your token has been saved to /home/chris/.cache/huggingface/token
Login successful
(base) chris@White:~/Dev/Projets/DLCourses/fastaicourses/models/PokeFace$ git push
batch response: Authentication required: Password authentication in git is no longer supported. You must use a user access token or an SSH key instead. See Deprecation of Git Authentication using password

+1, I’m facing the same issue - event after adding ssh pub key to my account

+1 same issue. pushing to HF stopped working today, worked before.

I am also getting this error on git operations, and I have never used password authentication with HuggingFace git repos to being with.

I was just able to pull from a private repo again without error, so the problem may be resolved.

it’s ok for me too

Hi, sorry about that, we indeed had an issue with git that has been resolved, everything should work correctly again.