Error with gradio application with openai

Hello everyone, yesterday I created a simple app in hugging face platform. The app is just a gradio chat integrated with openai.

The app was working fine yesterday however today everytime I try to ask something to the chat it gives the following error:

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File β€œ/home/user/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/gradio/routes.py”, line 437, in run_predict
output = await app.get_blocks().process_api(
File β€œ/home/user/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/gradio/blocks.py”, line 1352, in process_api
result = await self.call_function(
File β€œ/home/user/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/gradio/blocks.py”, line 1077, in call_function
prediction = await anyio.to_thread.run_sync(
File β€œ/home/user/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/anyio/to_thread.py”, line 33, in run_sync
return await get_asynclib().run_sync_in_worker_thread(
File β€œ/home/user/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/anyio/_backends/_asyncio.py”, line 877, in run_sync_in_worker_thread
return await future
File β€œ/home/user/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/anyio/_backends/_asyncio.py”, line 807, in run
result = context.run(func, *args)
File β€œ/home/user/app/app.py”, line 13, in chatbot
chat = openai.ChatCompletion.create(
File β€œ/home/user/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/openai/api_resources/chat_completion.py”, line 25, in create
return super().create(*args, **kwargs)
File β€œ/home/user/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/openai/api_resources/abstract/engine_api_resource.py”, line 153, in create
response, _, api_key = requestor.request(
File β€œ/home/user/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/openai/api_requestor.py”, line 288, in request
result = self.request_raw(
File β€œ/home/user/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/openai/api_requestor.py”, line 609, in request_raw
raise error.APIConnectionError(
openai.error.APIConnectionError: Error communicating with OpenAI: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=β€˜api.openai.com’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /v1/chat/completions (Caused by NewConnectionError(β€˜<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7f3e8525d9c0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution’))

Not sure why today is having that error

Any idea?

I also have the same application in a virtual machine and it works fine there, the only place it does not work is in huggingface

Thanks in advance!

probably related to Build error without log and others like it.

Hey thanks for the reply. I restarted the space and the app was built without any errors. The errors appeared when I interacted with the chatbot

Oh yay! My spaces are now building too. :slight_smile: [party!]

Now it works, looks like it was something related to huggingface environment :slight_smile: