I used GPT to build a daily 5-minute AI news podcast🎙 for me

Excited to share my open-source project :rocket: AI-Daily News | AI-Gen News Podcast customized to your preferences :rocket:

If you’re an AI and podcast enthusiast, you must give it a try!

:sparkles: Key features:

• Stay informed on AI advancements in a few-minute AI-generated podcast.

• Providing the most important, low-hype AI news but a wide range of insights–Technology news, Podcasts, Technology blogs, and Cutting-edge papers.

• Customize the podcast style to tailor your listening experience.

:arrow_right: Check it out at :link: ai-dailynews.com | Join Discord community
Any suggestions, feedbacks and requests for new topics are very appreciated!

4 Likes

Hi, I’m Xuying, the developer of AI-daily news. AI-daily news is my first open-source project and it’s designed to address information anxiety for AI enthusiasts.

:bulb: The idea came from my personal need:

• I’m a MLE. Since the AI information explosion, I’ve been trying to keep up with the AI wave. However scattered and cheap news has made me tired, as I only want to know the most important and worthy AI news. AI newsletter subscriptions now become very common, while the daily routine of reading finally become unsustainable.

• Many of my friends in Silicon Valley including me have been used to listening to podcasts. During a business trip at the airport, while listening to Lex Fridman’s podcast, an idea came across my mind: why not create an AI-generated podcast that compiles all the information I want to know? The AI automatically collects information and generates a podcast in my preferred style on a daily basis, and I can listen to it on my commute! It’s really cool!

:rocket: My vision:

AI-daily news aims to create a brief, to-the-point, and fun-to-listen-to AI-generated podcast. Currently, it focuses on providing important AI news, and in the future, it will expand to cover any custom topic and generate podcasts accordingly.

The primary functionalities are built upon langchain and openai. The frontend interface is developed using streamlit, complemented by some HTML, JS, and CSS. If you’re interested in any other technical details or ideas, feel free to leave your thoughts!

I have lots more planned for the site in the coming weeks, but are excited to share this initial version with you all. Feedback or suggestions welcome on any of it!
Follow me on Twitter | Get on Github

Looks great! Seems in one go you replacing multiple RSS feeds out there. I am currently using a RSS website and I 100% understand the benefit of this product on simplicity. I’ll replace it with your project and it’ll make my a lot life easier. Thank you for sharing.

Congrats on the launch🎉, Xuying!

I’ve been wanting to build a similar product for some time now, but I’ve been procrastinating, now I’ll give Ai-daily news a try!
A quick question: How does your project handle real-time data? Is there a mechanism to update the newsletter content dynamically?

I’ve been using another newsletter but I quickly find it hard to persist and feel bored, and the articles are lengthy to me. The idea that making the news summaries into a few-minute podcast is perfect for me. I can listen to them while commuting or driving, and they are very interesting.

I like your idea! It’s almost the most practical one for me recently. I noticed you’re using Streamlit for this project. Are you using some other open-source models?

Congratulations on the launch!!

This could replace half the newsletters out there.

Would love to see a twitter thread with all features in action.

Honored to hear this praise! Your support means a lot to me. Any feedback or suggestions please feel free let me know!

Thanks bro! :smiley:

Thank you for your support! Glad to answer that. Yeah, it supports dynamic updates and real-time interactions.

Thank you for your support! I made it as simple as possible to collect AI news and podcasts🎙. I’m happy it is worthy to you.

Yes, the project utilizes open-source libraries and models langchain and openai. The requirements.txt file lists all the dependencies, including popular libraries like streamlit, numpy, and pandas.