Issues Connecting to Model mistralai/Mixtral-8x7B-Instruct-v0.1 via WebSocket since October 14th

Hello Hugging Face community,

I’m experiencing a sudden issue connecting to my model via WebSocket. Everything worked correctly until October 14th, with a steady connection to the model. However, since then, I can no longer establish a WebSocket connection to my Space. I haven’t made any changes to the project code. I have already tried updating the access token, and while I can still connect through a regular HTTP request, WebSocket access fails.

I haven’t found any information about potential updates to rules or access policies that might be affecting this. Does anyone know if recent changes could have caused this issue or how to resolve it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!
2024-10-19 21:46:34,302 - websockets.client - DEBUG - < vary: origin, access-control-request-method, access-control-request-headers
2024-10-19 21:46:34,302 - websockets.client - DEBUG - < access-control-allow-credentials: true
2024-10-19 21:46:34,303 - websockets.client - DEBUG - ! failing connection with code 1006
2024-10-19 21:46:34,303 - websockets.client - DEBUG - x closing TCP connection
2024-10-19 21:46:34,491 - websockets.client - DEBUG - = connection is CLOSED
2024-10-19 21:46:34,492 - test_connection - ERROR - WebSocket ошибка: server rejected WebSocket connection: HTTP 403. Статус: 403

1 Like

I think these are the ones that might be relevant. But I don’t think this case is either of them…

Do I understand correctly that HF employees keep a proud but mysterious silence about this?

You’re half right.
It is rather common for HF to be slow to respond officially on the HF website and forget to make official announcements. I don’t think there is any particular space for official announcements unless they are written directly in HTML. At this point, the general public is not hearing much about what is going on. In that sense, we can say that they are silent.

What’s half wrong is that in many cases, if you ask on Discord, they will tell you rather quickly. So it’s not like they’re being hard silent on purpose. It means they aren’t creepy.
Also, you can sometimes learn as much as you can from the staff who are often on the forums. I think Discord might be a good place for yours.

Hmm, I would by no means suggest a zerg rush with a mention in the messages of HF employees). Just duplicate the question, just mention the employees. Be sure to add our admiration for their efforts and contribution to the development of the latest technologies at the end!!! I would never have dared to use the LLMs available here to automate the process. I would condemn such ideas!

I’m from Russia. We don’t have a McDonald’s or a Discord anymore. Only frosts, a bear, a balalaika, a matryoshka doll and the friendship of Elon Musk…

Ha ha. Overall, this is a nice place. It’s idyllic or something. It’s like being uncivilized, even though there are only civilized people here. There are a lot of tweaks that are not so much flaws.

In all seriousness about troubleshooting, you can either wait leisurely, Discord, or send a mentions (@+username) if you know a staff member who might be familiar with it. Since your problem is the kind where I don’t know who is in charge either, I thought Discord would be better.

I was wondering, but Discord is not possible. I’m not impossible either, but I don’t have a Discord account.
I heard there’s an alternative to McDonald’s, but…
I’ll try to remember who might know a little more about it…

@not-lain @pierric @meganariley Is this error a regulation? If not, we can wait and relax.