Some Spaces run much slower than expected

Some Spaces are very slow to respond, even though the app runs in about 10 seconds in my local CPU environment.
I have to wait 10 minutes to an hour to finally get a result back. It’s slow even when they are private and no one else is running. Restarting Spaces didn’t fix it, either.
Is there any way to fix this problem?

The following Spaces are currently facing the problem:

1 Like

I just tried Mediapipe Pose Estimation - a Hugging Face Space by hysts and got a result in less than 1 second. Maybe there was some issue when you tried, I’m not able to reproduce now

@osanseviero
Thanks for the reply. It seems the case for the Space, but the second app still has the problem. Maybe the server the app was deployed was busy with other tasks?
It would be better if there was an option to redeploy apps to another server as well as the option to restart Space.

You can restart your Space from its settings page.

@BramVanroy
Thanks for the comment. Yes, I know that. But I think just restarting Space doesn’t change the server the app is deployed because restarting didn’t fix the issue as I wrote in my first comment.

The second app seems to be working just fine now. I guess the issue of the server was resolved.
Thanks for the comments.

But anyway, I would appreciate it if Hugging Face team could add this kind of feature.

It would be better if there was an option to redeploy apps to another server as well as the option to restart Space.