Turkish NLP - Introductions

Hi everyone,

I am Özcan, working as a Data Scientist and NLP Researcher for almost 3 years. I have just completed my master program in Bogazici University with Pretrained LM based Extractive Summarization System for Turkish news and my bachelor degree was taken from METU Industrial Engineering in 2016.

I have fine tuned BERTurk and ELECTRA models many times for the company I have worked for. Most of them was classification projects in different context. I also fine tuned mT5 for question answering and abstractive summarization in Turkish by using Pytorch Lightning, as seen in my :hugs: profile.

Github username: ozcangundes

Pleased to be part of this community.

Best
Özcan

1 Like

Hi
I’m Birol , working at SefaMerve R&D Center as a Researcher
I’m working on NLP since 2017. ( chatbot, NER, Classification, …)
Github
Linkedin

Hi Everyone,

I am Fatma. Nice to see a Turkish community forming here. I work as an ML Scientist in the US. I have been working in data science and AI, and more recently in the NLP space for about 4 years now. I am currently working on a conversational assistant for my work. Although I haven’t had much chance to work in the Turkish language, I have recently started to experiment with it more.

1 Like

Selamlar,

I am Ege and I have been practising DL based NLP for 6 months now at Summarify, focusing on summarization models. I am a sophomore at METU IE and also a cofounder of METU Artificial Intelligence Society. We would like to see you guys @akadirpamukcu @alproskip over there :wink:

and @skr @ozcangundes too of course

@ahmetmeleq @mervenoyan @akadirpamukcu @alproskip @mustafa @safakkbilici @Ayhan @mertbozkir @campalite @Zaid

Hi everybody - Selamlar…

I’m Bülent Özden, a seasoned (read old) Computer Engineer from İstanbul. I’m new (<1 year) to DP/ML/NLP/STT, I played with DeepSpeech/Coqui for a while and came here, to Hugging Face, and want to learn…

I’m currently the Turkish Language Representative in Common Voice :slightly_smiling_face: We are having a campaign as some of you might know…

We are trying to increase the quantity and quality of the Common Voice Turkish dataset. We build the CV Turkish Volunteers group and started a social media campaign to include the masses. Turkish is an under-sourced language in CV and without new quality data, we will be stuck…

You can check the Turkish sub-Discourse in CV, and if you can join, I’d be very happy: Türkçe (tr) - Mozilla Discourse

And, having this opportunity, I want to invite all Turkish speakers to join the campaign, please join our channels to spread the word.

Here are our channels:

Priority channels
Facebook (home): Common Voice-Türkçe Gönüllüleri
Telegram (support & talks): https://bit.ly/3basUbX
Youtube (video-guides): Common Voice Türkçe - YouTube

Other Social Media
Twitter: https://bit.ly/3jmq08a
Instagram: Login • Instagram
LinkedIn Page: https://bit.ly/3GeX6Rp

CV Turkish Forum: Türkçe (tr) - Mozilla Discourse

WIP
Web: Common Voice - Türkçe
E-mail: bilgi@cv-turkce.web.tr

1 Like

And also hi to @basakbuluz @emrevarol @skr @oguuzhansahin @mbsouksu @ozcangundes @birolkuyumcu @coderphd @demegire of course :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi I’m Alihan,

Currently working at R&D of a national telecom operator.

Our team is focused on building large scale crawlers in order to retrieve data from Web and generating insights for customers using mainly transformers.

I am self-thought software engineer and focused on AI/ML solutions delivery. Fell in love with NLP after learning more about Bertology and great datasets, models, etc.

Very glad to see Turkish community building here. We need more work done in order to utilize artificial intelligence in the domain of Turkish language.

Let us do it together one step at a time :innocent:

cheers :champagne:

Hey!
I’m Merve, senior year software engineering student. And I’m working on nlp for the very first time. My project is a sentiment analysis project. Currently I am researching related work on the subject. And I hope to be in touch with all of you. Because from little research I have done, I already know there are going to be tons of questions I likely to find answers to with a little help from you. Thanks in advance! :slight_smile: Happy coding everyone!ı

Hello, I am Berkan Doğan, I have been interested in NLP and artificial intelligence for 1-2 years, I am only a 7th grade student, in short, I am quite young, I have a chatbot project in English. I’m working on it right now, I’m using :hugs: hf space for it.

1 Like

Hello, my name is Arciel. I’m an international student in Turkey. I have been doing Machine Learning for about a year (look at my Kaggle profile Arciel Baez | Expert | Kaggle). Now I’m becoming really interested in NLP. I want to apply for Teknofest and Tükitak in the Turkish NLP field. It would be great to meet other peolpe interested in the same field and maybe participate together in some competitions or projects. You can message me in English, Spanish, Turkish or German :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello, I am Emir, I am an entrepreneur in Turkey. I’m working on a startup called DEBI Assistant to make AI data analysis web-app. We are trying to fine-tune some models to add accuracy to our product.

Contacts:
HuggingFace: ranork (Emir OGUZ)
Github: Ranork (Emir OĞUZ) · GitHub